Central City Association Announces 2011 Officers
Los Angeles (February 17, 2011) – The Central City Association (CCA) of Los Angeles today announced its 2011 Officers, who represent the strength and diversity of membership in CCA. As L.A.'s premier business advocacy group, CCA's membership reflects a cross-section of industries, from entertainment and technology to banking, law and insurance throughout the Los Angeles region.
"CCA is a diverse, unique organization that represents and advocates for the Los Angeles business community on such city-wide issues as economic development, urban planning, development reform, transportation and the renaissance of Downtown Los Angeles," said Carol E. Schatz, President and CEO of CCA.
Tim McOsker, a partner in the Los Angeles office of leading global law firm Mayer Brown LLP, has been elected to serve as the Chair of CCA. Mr. McOsker is a member of the Government and Global Trade practice of Mayer Brown and has nearly 25 years of experience in all aspects of public, regulatory and government law. His practice focuses on governmental, regulatory and administrative law, particularly in the areas of land use, project entitlement and environmental compliance and related matters. Prior to joining the firm, he was the Chief of Staff to the Mayor of Los Angeles.
The 2011 Central City Association Officers are:
- Tim McOsker, Chair – Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
- Sean Foley, Treasurer – Regional Chairman, Southern California Commercial Banking, U.S. Bank
- Lisa Pitney, Secretary – Vice President, Government Relations, The Walt Disney Company
- Steve Nissen, Executive Vice Chair – Vice President, Legal and Government Affairs, NBCUniversal
- David Damus, Executive Vice Chair – Chief Executive Officer, System Property Development Company, Inc.
- David Wright, Executive Vice Chair – Executive Vice President, Plains All American Pipeline, L.P.
- Andrea Van de Kamp, Executive Vice Chair – President, Van de Kamp Consulting
- Phil Recht, Immediate Past Chair – Managing Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
- Carol E. Schatz, President & CEO – Central City Association
The new officers will be officially installed at today CCA's general membership meeting at the Sheraton Downtown Los Angeles.
About the Central City Association
Central City Association of Los Angeles (CCA) is L.A.'s premier business advocacy organization, shaping public policy on a broad range of issues and leading the renaissance in Downtown Los Angeles. Established in 1924, CCA is a membership organization representing more than 450 businesses, trade associations, and non‐profit organizations employing more than 300,000 people in Los Angeles County. Further information about the Central City Association can be found on its website at www.ccala.org.
Christie Ly / Grayling for CCA
Victoria Rangel / Grayling for CCA
Do you deserve a place in LA’s most powerful rolodex? Our members are shaping the future of Los Angeles. They’re connected. They’re influential. They belong because they believe in making a difference. Click here for an application or View Our Current Membership